Friday, May 18, 2012

Half Baked Blog - Is Butter Really Better

Every Friday I like to check in with my favourite blogs to see if they have any updates. This week, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Half Baked has a very informative post about cooking with fats, contributed by Summer Stone. The post is dedicated to how cake recipes are affected by fat. I must admit that I’ve never given it a second thought. I’ve just assumed that the author of the recipe knew what they were doing when they say to use butter, oils, shortenings and so on. As Summer Stone says, each one plays a different role, and can affect the final outcome of your cake.  

I always use unsalted butter for sweet recipes that require fat. What about you?

Visit Half Baked for the full post here
Photo courtesy of Half Baked. Full article here 

No comments:

Post a Comment