Friday, January 18, 2013

Rocky Road - simple work treat

 I've never made rocky road, crazy I know, so for Christmas I wanted to try it and bring some to work. It was a success, luckily, but I'm not overly fussed on the recipe I chose from Cadbury's . I think I need to keep hunting out the perfect Rocky Road recipe. It's well worth trying though because this one is very easy and took barely any time at all. I did chaneg the ingredients slightly to suit what was available.


What you will need:  
1½ cups Marshmallows, halved
1 cup peanuts, chopped (I selfishly left these out because I hate nuts)
¾ cup red glacĂ© cherries, halved (instead I used mini red frogs)
200g Cadbury Dark Baking Chocolate, chopped*
200g Cadbury Milk Baking Chocolate, chopped*
150g shortbread finger biscuits, broken (I forgot about these so didn't include them) 

*to make life simple I bought the chocolate bits so there was no chopping


Ingredients

What to do:  

Combine ⅓ each of the marshmallows, peanuts and cherries and set aside.
 
Melt together the milk and dark chocolate in a glass bowl over simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water (I just melted the chocolate in a saucepan but you have to be careful because if it gets too hot the chocolate will seize and be ruined. I half melted the chocolate, turned off the heat and continued to stir the rest of the chocolate until melted).

Half metled, turn off the heat here
Melted chocolate
Stir the biscuits and remaining marshmallows, peanuts and cherries into the melted chocolate.
Mix ingredients together
Spoon mixture into a lined 18cm × 30cm slice pan.

Gently press the reserved marshmallow mix into the top of the slice.
Squish in some extra filling
Chill until firm and then slice into squares to serve.
Chock full of marshmallow & red frogs
My Version - Rocky Road
Close up
The rocky road went down a treat at work (and Christmas day for my family - they insisted). But I still need to find the perfect recipe that satisifies all my taste buds.Do you have a tried, tested and loved rocky road recipe?

For more photos and updates visit my Facebook page here










No comments:

Post a Comment