Monday, December 17, 2012

Fettucine Boscaiola

I don't make a lot of cream pastas but sometimes I just get sick of a tomato sauce (especially since I've been pregnant - it's either a life saver, or I get the worst reflux from it). 

I have a few pasta books, on very small thick one called The Women's Weekly Fast Pasta, so I decided to try something different (also in the search for the perfect boscaiola recipe). After husband had this he said it was the best he's ever had. 

What you will need: 
2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
200g Button Mushrooms, thickly sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
200g Shaved ham, chopped coarsely (I used proscuitto instead) 
1/4 Cup (60ml) Dry White Wine (I used Prosecco)
1 1/4 Cups (310ml) Pouring Cream
500g Fettucine
2 Tablespoons Chives, coarsely chopped



Heal oil in a large saucepan and cook the mushrooms, garlic and ham. Str until lightly browned. 



Add the white wine and bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered until the wine reduces by half. 



Add the cream and reduce the heat, simmering uncovered until the sauce thickens slightly. 





Meanwhile cook the pasta in salted boiling water until just tender. 

I add the chives to the sauce at this time but the recipe doesn't say to (I like my herbs to infuse flavour into the sauce, not just be a garnish). 




Add the pasta to the sauce and toss gently to combine. 



Serve with fresh crusty bread. 





For more photos and updates like my Facebook page here 

No comments:

Post a Comment