Monday, August 6, 2012

Garlic Pepper Beef Stir Fry

I love Donna Hay and her recipes. I have several of her books but only bought Simple Dinners after I watched her Foxtel TV Series, Fast, Fresh, Simple. I haven't triedthis stir fry recipe before mainly because the husband doesn't really like stir fries. But I couldn't resist, it looked so good on the page and I'm rarely disappointed with Donna Hay recipes (I also needed something quick before going to a sugar flower class one evening during the week). 

What you will need: 
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
750g Rump Steak, trimmed and sliced thinly
2 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
1 Long Red Chilli, sliced
4 cloves of Garlic, sliced thinly
250g Green Beans, trimmed and halved 
2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
2 Tablespoons Beef or Chicken Stock
Steamed Rice and Asian Vegetables to serve

Ingredients
Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the beef and cook until browned.

Beef
You may want to cook the beef in batches depending on the size of you saucepan.  

Beef browned
Remove the beef from the pan using a slotted spoon (if you have a lot of beef juices, which is manly fat, drain the saucepan). Toss in the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, the chill, garlic and black pepper. Cook of 1 minute or until fragrant. 

Chili, Garlic, Black Pepper
Return the beef to the pan with the green beans, oyster sauce and stock. Cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes or until the beef is warmed through. Note that the beans will still be relatively crunchy so if you want them softer, pre-boil them for a few minutes before tossing them in. 

All ingredients in 
 Serve with steam rice and Asian vegetables like Bok Choy. Serves 4. 

Garlic Pepper Beef Stir Fry
This meal is quick and easy and if there are any leftovers, can be reheated without losing it's flavour. It's best to cook the rice beforehand and keep it warm. I cooked by bok choy for a few minutes in boiling water. 


Like me on Facebook here for more updates and photos. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome this! I really love the combination of garlic pepper and beef to your recipe. I wish I could cook this when I have time. Thank you for sharing!

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete