Friday, June 29, 2012

Fish Friday: Mustard Prawns with garlic

I love a good creamy sauce, whether it's with pasta, prawns, meat... But I also know that it is unhealthy for me and as I'm not exactly super model weight material, I need to watch the creamy sauce intake. I found this recipe in the Jenny Craig Healthy Living for Life cookbook and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. I think it's a perfect (and quick) Fish Friday dish.


I've served this prawn dish as an entree and main course meal before, and even cooked it one Sunday for myself for lunch. If you want to serve with steamed rice you will have to make the steamed rice ahead of time because this is a very quick meal to make. If you have a rice cooker like me, cook the rice first and then put it on Warm mode until you need it.


What you will need: 
2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
500g Green Prawns, peeled and deveined (optional: with or without the tails)
½ Cup / 125ml White Win
2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoon Parsley, finely chopped
Ingredients
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the prawns and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. 
Prawns
Stir in the white wine and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the wine has reduced and the prawns curl up and turn pink. 
With white wine
Reduce the heat, stir in the mustard and sprinkle with parsley. 
With mustard and parsley
Serve with steam rice and a leafy green salad. Serves 4.
Mustard prawns with garlic
This is also a great dish for dinner parties because you can make it very quickly and double or triple the recipe as you need.


For more photos and updates visit my Facebook page here 







No comments:

Post a Comment